Timing Rotor improves performance

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Brian UK
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi from the UK

I read on a US website that fitting a 4 degree advance timing rotor improves performance on the Seca !! (here the Diversion).

I am in the UK and here I know the XJ900 has tried this but could find nothing about my Diversion 600. So I checked with a supplier here for the 900 and he has come back with a modified rotor made for the 400 which seems to be exactly the same fitting. It has the 4 degree extra advance and gives a much better tick over and throttle response.

I have not had time to check it out fully here, the weather is currently (Feb 2014) really bad but I wondered if any of you guys (and Gals) had tried this mod and what results, or any problems, you've had? If anyone has ever had this dyno tested I would be interested to see the results??

For about $20 it seems to give the bike a noticeable better 'zip' which is VERY good value for money and a very simple mod!

This topic has 2 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login