My first bike XJ600S a fixer upper.

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
SirMonstras
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So i bought this Yamaha XJ600S from 1994 as my first motorcycle, i bought it for €750,00 (around $880,00) and it has around 46000km (28500miles) on it. And i do apolagize for the bad wrinting.

When i bought it they replaced the battery and the bike started oke cold, it was a littel smokey and there were some engine noises, the front breaking was heavy only 40/50% working, but overal the bike looked and drove oke enough for only €750. It had to be a little (alot) cheap or i needed another year of saving before buying a better bike.

Here are som pics of last month, when i just got it, after i drove it back it went straight into the garage:

Right mirror is loos and turns while driving and it can not be tightend.

Right side front suspension is leaking oil.

They messed around with the brake oil, or its leaking
Speedometer is broken, screen broken, it stutters and hangs on 50km and wil not get above it,

The fairings are broken, black inderside and outerside. It makes a anoying sound when driving.
Windscreen is scratched.

After a few evenings in the garage it looked like this:

And i diceded that i am going to shamelessy coppy the colors of the XJ600 from Radare this sites Founder, i realy realy love the looks of it.

So far i have the next things to get fixxed:
The fuel tap (underside of the tank) is leaking and it does not close of.
There is alot of yellow goo troughout the entire engine, old gasoline, the bike had been standing stil since 2012.
All carbs are looking like a yellow citrine quartz rock.
Front fork sealing needs to be replaced, its leaking alot.
Front breake appears to be stuck, needs to be cleaned and wil see whats inside when opened up.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login