I Done Bought an Audi TT

Problem with your XJ? Need help with maintenance? Want to show off those new grips? This is the place.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

Yep. After commuting an hour each way into Denver, I've decided I want something more exciting to drive than either my Rodeo or my Legacy. The Dodge is a turd and doesn't count. I don't commute in it.

So after a lot of looking, I found a 2001 Audi TT Quatro. I had looked at 350z's, at BMW Z4's, at Saab 93's and decided that the little TT would be the better choice. And besides, I've already owned a 350Z and a pair of SAAB 93's. Time for something new.

Now I'm not a big fan of Audi. Audi drivers tend to be dicks. And there's the whole emissions cheating scandal that made me want the entirety of VW to go under, teaching a firm lesson to the auto industry. So I am a big hypocrite buying an Audi. Since this one is nearly 20 years old, I figure it's almost okay.

This particular care is a 2001 Audi TT Quatro coupe with the stronger 225hp engine and 6-speed manual transmission. It has leather seats with warmers, a Bose stereo system, HID headlights and then your typical Audi garb (auto up/down windows, heated power mirrors, power locks and windows, cruise, etc).

I bought it from a guy in Wyoming, just about 420 miles from my house. After the Honda trip, I decided it would be easier to have it shipped. I found a transport company with room and booked them. That's where we are. Will let you know how it goes.

This topic has 189 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login