Presentation

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Alexandre Lopes
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello everyone. I'm Alex from Portugal and I am 46 years old. I've just joinned XJR looking for some info/help etc. New friends is always cool. I've never had a bike or license until March this year when I bought my 1992 Yamaha XJ S Diversion whit 30.000 Km on her from a friend. Got my license in August and drove 2.500 Km so far. When taking the license changed the front fork oil and rubbers. First thing whit license taken changed the chain set and installed two new tires and ask the mecanic to tune the carbs. They worked ok for some time. Also changed the spark plugs. Always felt that the bike was not at 100% cause she turn off when riding slow sometimes and when using the clutch always on slow traffic. When I was looking for info and or solutions for the problem found this fórum and that's it. Now whit the winter at Portugal I think is the time for some stripping on the bike and do werever is needed. I've never wanted to be a mecanic maybe because I never needed but now is the time lol. I noted some fuel linking on my carbs more like "sweat" not realy linking. Thats what I need to see for now and will be asking for your kind help.
Thank you guys and nice curves for all.
ps-have no pictures for now will take one or two tomorrow for you guys.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login