Difference between UK model and US model?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Nightstalker1993
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I just got my hands on an XJ600S Diversion but my country(Malaysia) does not officially bring in this bike back in the days, and I have no idea whether is this the UK or US model. The VIN number is 4BR-007xxx which I am guessing is a UK model but am not completely sure. Also from what I researched, the main difference between these 2 models are the carburetor types, UK one being BDST28 and US one being BDS26. I also read something about electric or oil heater? I can see mine have a solenoid valve attached to the crankcase on the left side of the engine and I see some hose/pipeline that goes to the right side of the engine as well. I am looking to overhaul the carburetor and am trying to purchase the overhaul kit but I am not sure which to purchase. Also would like to know what are the other differences between the UK and US model.

Thanks guys!

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login