The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
mor2bz
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi all and a big thanks to Radare in Denver. I have been getting my partner's bike
running and ABSOLUTELY could not have done it without the great writeups by him.

I am David Sundby and have been a lifelong bicycle mechanic. If I can help anyone
with bike needs let me know. I am in Ft. Collins, Co.

This MC reminds me of my old Radian. The XJ600 seems a bit bigger and longer.
I like that it is not a "muscle bike" like the Nighthawk I had. It will be a big step
up for Julie from the VTR250 she had, but only 130# heavier.

After sorting out an electrical glitch with the coils and cleaning the pilot jets the bike is running. The pilot caps had already been drilled and the pilots set to 2 1/2 turns out. I
wirebrushed the plugs and have ordered plugs, battery, the carb kit from Thailand, and
a used mirror from ebay.

I have a homemade manometer for 2 cyl. bikes. Can I use this? It seems I should be able to. Should I adjust the valves first (21K mi.)? Is the adjustment of the pilot screws with
an infrared laser done before or after syncing the carbs? The bike runs pretty well,
starts easily, pulls hard, but I would like to minimize vibration.

thanks again to the forum and esp. to Radare. I look forward to working with you
and contributing.
I don't want no pickle, I just wanna ride my motorcickle - Arlo Guthrie
If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.
Nothing is so good that someone won't just hate it.

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login