Only firing on left two cylinders?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Adengtg
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Over the past few days ive been stripping down my XJ and just checking everything that i can. In the process ive had spark plugs out and put restrictor plates in and changed the fuel pump. Now, when i come to start it, it will only fire on the left two cylinders and usually backfires when i try to start it.

I have no idea why as before i took it apart it was running fine. Ive had the plugs out, new fuel pump which ive just swapped for the original one. restrictor plates in the inlet rubbers and new exhaust can. I haven't touched any of the wiring or anything else so it doesn't make sense to me. Idles on two cylinders with choke on but wont run with choke off or with any throttle.

Is there anything specific i can check that would be the reason that the right two cylinders wont fire or do i just start from the beginning?

Any help appreciated!

-------------------------------------------------FIXED---------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Adengtg on Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a bit of an idiot so please don't get mad if i say something ridiculous!

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login