New member from Portugal

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
simplefranco
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello there, I'm from Portugal and I recently bought an XJ600 Diversion. Bought it for 700€ (~$822) with 44000km (~27 340miles).

This was originally an S version, with the fairings, but the old owner took them out (I have them still) and went for the Naked style, which I also prefer. It was a running bike, engine ran, it sounded nice, so for the price, I took it.

I am a true beginner and I am here to learn both things I'm lacking:
1) get used to the bike, be able to enjoy a ride with safety and confidence; not looking for speed thrills
2) learn to be able to do most if not all the maintenance by myself

It was a long time since I rode: 10 years ago - getting my drivers licence on a Yamaha Virago 125;

When I picked up the XJ this year, I drove it back home, 100km in light rain on a not so good front tyre; the worst ride yet, so far. The upside is I made it home, with no trouble, despite the scent of oil coming from the engine.

So here she is as I got it:
DSC_0730.jpg
and this is how she currently looks like:
DSC_1096.jpg
Will start a thread to describe the (little) work done and get your opinions on how to tackle some issues I've encountered lately. I'm looking forward to have this bike in mint condition, and keep it for some years to come, so: Hello everyone!

PS: Quick question: I wanted to go into details and also ask questions on the appropriate sections, but can't seem to either post nor reply; do I need to wait it out? This seems true for all sections apart from "Introduce Yourself". Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login