Motorcycle Surfboard Rack

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
rstoup
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

So recently got back from a trip to Cali, and I saw a lot of motorcycles with a surfboard rack attachment. I figured: hey whats better then riding my motorcycle? Riding the motorcycle on the way to surf! Here's how it came out:

What I did was order some of these http://www.carverracks.com/csr-moped/ and removed the tail fairing and basically bolted the rack onto the bikes frame. All in all it was a quick Mod, it took about 15 minutes to figure out how to make it work and then to install it. I Just got back from a short test ride and the bike handled great, the board didn't move. The highest speed that I initially dared to go was about 45 mph and everything still felt sturdy. I'm pretty sure that I can get it up to higher speeds but for the first couple of rides I will be taking it easy and paying close attention to the board. If there are any surfers out there I would highly recommend these racks for our bikes. Now onto the next project: a bike rack for my bike.

This topic has 7 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login