transmission problem?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Wheaton Jr.
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

A couple weeks ago my dad and I took a weekend trip on our bikes. I have a 92 XJ600. Before the trip, the bike performed fine. During the trip however, I noticed when giving a hard acceleration, sometime the bike would jerk and it felt like the gears were slipping. It would do that in more than one gear and as the trip went on, it got worse and worse. Eventually, it got really bad, especially in second gear. Now that I'm home, it only does it in second gear and it either jerks multiple times until I shift into 3rd, but it usually just slips into neutral even with just 15% throttle. So now I just shift from 1st to 3rd. Do you think that just my second gear could have gone bad and get a new one? I also had someone tell me it could be the clutch plates. I dont know much about that or transmissions so I was wondering what you guys thought. Thanks. David.

This topic has 26 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login