96 XJ600s seca II spark plugs an valves

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
darktrooper4
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello! I am new on the forums and a new seca II owner. the bike is a 1996 xj600 and i have been having some issues or what i think are issues. the bike ran a little rough so i went to replace the spark plugs, i pulled out the NGK ca9's and put in ca8s. the 9's were good but just wanted to see how the 8's worked. put the 8's in and the bike popped once and wouldnt turn over. cylinder 1 was at the firing position so i figured the spark didnt create enough bang and didnt push the piston down.

I replaced the new spark plugs with the old ones just to get the bike to run again and now the bike runs better than it did before i started messing with stuff. what would cause this?

also my valves are really Friggan loud. are they supposed to be loud on a cold start and wouldn't the valves get quieter as the tolerances became tighter or do i have that backwards?

hope you guys can help me out i really appreciate it if you could! thanks!

This topic has 11 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login