No Spark

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Icarus
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So right now i'm working on my 1981 XJ750, before i go taking it apart i want to make sure to get it to run so i can have a great idea as to what i will need to fix/replace. So the bike wants to start but struggles when turning over, i have replaced a few of the wires that needed to be right away the problem im having is that there is no spark coming to the plugs, i cleaned them off and still nothing so then i bought new ones and still nothing.Essentially from the diagram i have and what i can see it runs as follows Battery> Starter Solenoid> Starting Circuit Cutoff Relay> ECU> ignition Coils> spark plugs. I tested the continuity of the wiring from the battery through the solenoid to the cutoff relay but then it stops and i also tested from the relay to the coils and that is all good. so i think my problem may be in the cutoff relay. Is there a way to test the relay? Could it be something else?
Thanks in advance.

i have included the wiring diagram i have as well.

-Lex-
Port Saint Lucie Florida
1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca 2

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login