fuel lines, vaccume lines and where does prime on petcock go

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
jphillips
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

You guys rock, the bike was a basket case so i AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE FUEL LINES I have the second cylinder vaccum line going to the fuel pump, the main tank going through a filter and in and a line going out to the center carb stems. Does the vaccum line off 1 cylinder go to prime on the petcock, currently prime goes to the first two carbs is that right to prime the carbs? or are the lines from the first two carbs drains?

SOME OF THE LINES DRAIN WATER AROUND THE GAS CAP AREA RIGHT AND ONE FOR THE BOTTOM OF THE AIR FILTER?
the first two carbs
So vaccum line from 1st goes to petcock, does that pull a vaccum? They had the pri on the petcock going to the first two carbs, so I figured that was to prime the bowls, sorry I literally brought the bike home piece by piece in my wifes saturn, thanks for the help
where do the two connected carbs 1&2 hook to or are they to drain overflow, they look like they connect to both carb bases, are they for over flow?
Last edited by jphillips on Tue May 15, 2012 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This topic has 10 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login