XJ600 1989 rear shock lift

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Samuli
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hey,

I'm finishing up my build of a 1989 XJ600. I did some rear-end chassis modifications and a custom seat which set the bottom of the seat a fair bit lower and closer to the wheel than the original setup. The problem is if I run into a big bump in the road my back wheel bumps the seat and scrapes it. I made a bit of a mistake having a small screw-end and bolt near there so it makes a bit of a noise and wouldn't want the tire to get damaged from it, although I did switch them to a more off-road bumpier type.

What I've been planning on doing is making a small "lift kit" to raise the back end up a bit so so it would be safer, and also would allow me to have a passenger. I've been looking here and on youtube but cant really find DIY projects on on making a lift block, so I started doubting if there's a big fault that I'm missing. I know a lot of people tend to buy stiffer/longer rear shocks for lifting the end up and I'm not opposed to that either.

If anyone has advice on making a lift block or suggestions on an alternate shock to use it would be really helpful

Here's an older image with some newest modifications missing, but it gives an idea of the build.
IMG_20180627_230412.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.