looking for the correct bar end weights

Problem with your XJ? Need help with maintenance? Want to show off those new grips? This is the place.
SlowMow
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I've been driving around now on my XJ600 for over 3000 km's and i'm noticing vibration in the handle bars at every rpm range.
I noticed the previous owner installed " fancy aftermarket grips and bar end weights " and weighing the bar ends they are a bit under 30gr each.
As I recall correctly the stock bar end weights are about 90gr each ( triple the weight) and I'm looking to install stock ones.
Only when bolting of the after market ones I noticed they are bolting on differently and I expect the steering is also not the original one.
So I'm wondering what type of fitting it is and what type of weights I could order to test if it fixes the vibrations in the handle bars.
the previous owner also did a nice job not installing the grips properly so they will have to come off anyway.
I hope you can help me further in my search for the correct bar end weights or a way how to install the OEM stock ones.

Thanks for the help and advice

front view

top view

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login