Dynojet mishap- please help!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Davidc86
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

This weekend I installed the stage 1 dynojet kit. I followed the instructions word by word. I installed the new needles using the 3rd marking, enlarged the slide lift hole using their drill bit. I even went down to the stage 1 main jet 102. I installed new air screw mixtures bc why not, color tuned, and synced the carbs.

I lost all top end power.

So I figured it was the main jet, I went back in and put my 107.5 main jets back on

Still no power over 4-4.5k rpm

So I thought, maybe I should have installed the stage 3 main jets, 132s.

Still no top end power, and it shakes and doesn't sound good at all above 4.5k rpm

I figured, maybe I need to reset the cam chain tension.

Still no power.

I'm at a loss! Please help! Did I screw things up with this kit?

FYI, I installed this kit bc my power curve was a bit odd, not much power below 2k rpm. Decent between 2-6k rpm. Amazing from 6k up. I wanted to smooth that all out and thought this kit would help. Now I'm thinking I screwed up my slides by drilling out holes. Next step is to put the original needles back on, with the 107.5 main jets. And hope that drilling out the slide holes didn't mess things up.

Any advice would be super appreciated

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login