1992 Yamaha SECA 2 carb questions

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
MagnaXJ6
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

OK I have a few questions concerning a 1992 Yamaha SECA 2 that I bought. I bought it in pieces and have been putting it back together. I recently rebuilt the carbs, but in the carb kit I got there are 2 sets of 4 O-Rings, Small O-Rings. I took the carbs apart but found no small O rings to replace. I think they are for the Pilot Screws and Needle jets but im not sure because when I took my pilot screws out they had no O rings, also when I took my needle jets out they had no O rings. The pilot screws were also tampered with. So does anyone know should my pilot screws and needle jets have O rings on them. Also my pilot screws were removed and im unsure about what the settings should be and the air pilot screws were turned all the way in. I think the previous owner may have taken the carbs off and reassembled them incorrectly. I put the carbs on as is and got the bike running but it wont idle. It runs in choke but wont rev past 4k revs. I have adjusted the pilot screws for the air and fuel but I still cant get it to run right. It has no exhaust or air cleaner on it also. So I need to figure out where the O rings should or shouldnt be and also how should I set my pilot screws and any other advice.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login