Extra Fuel Mod

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
draco751
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Not my mod, but at the time of writing this post, this is currently for sale on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1995-Yamaha-Xj ... 3720260166

The seller's description goes on to say:
"This gas tanks are in good condition and shows normal signs of wear. These are dual side gas tanks from a 1995 Yamaha XJ600S. The bike they wers taken off of had 38,674 miles on it. These dual gas tank has no damage other then normal wear. There is a fuel system that is shown that is sold with the tanks. The tanks were set up so you could just switch to them and use the gas in them. These side gas tanks have slight damage other then normal wear. They will need to be cleaned, there was bad gas in them. The dimentions are 21 1/4 inches long, 3 inches wide, 6inches tall on one side, and 4 inches on the other side. We do have pictures of them mounted on the bike."

I can't say I've ever seen anything like this before, at least not marketed for the Seca's. Has me wondering if maybe back when these bikes were just coming out or still new if there was some manufacture that made these or if this is a one off custom creation. Has any one else seen or have something similar to these?

If I only had an hour to live I would spend it at work, because in there an hour feels like an eternity.

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login