What is the Australian model of xj600s?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Copaseca
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello everyone,
So I am confused- I am the proud (and patient) owner of a 94 xj600s . It is sitting in my shed, underneath my bed room about 2 metres away, here in Copacabana, New South Wales, Australia. I want to know who my XJ is? Is it more closely related to the UK model? Or the US machine? I had assumed that the bike was a Uk model but references to differences in the carbie internals in Oz has confused me ( which is not hard). I would love to know so I can get the right parts and also because I need to know because I’m that sort of person. The bike is half one that I bought 4 years ago, half parts from wreckers and half bits from Chinese Ebay. I’m stripping the carbs at the moment and have ordered a cheap carbie kit from the Orient. But will it fit or do I need an All Balls set for 10 times the cost and if so, will a set from a US store fit my Ozzie down stairs.
Thank you all

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login