Vinyl wrapped bikes by vacuum form

Problem with your XJ? Need help with maintenance? Want to show off those new grips? This is the place.
GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I had the idea about a year ago, and did it. But i didnt have decent quality camera.

Automotive wrap shops deal with cars. So you ask about wrapping a bike, the cost, and headaches go up. Bikes have so many complex curves, and deep recesses. After watching wrap shops videos using heat, i thought " they are 75% almost to vacuum forming, and dont know it." Hence, when they wrap a bike, they are sttill in the "automotive" mindset..reality, they should be in thermo forming frame of mind...but they don't see it

This is experimental ( so far, but I have wrapped my ninja 250 by this process.) Figured I would share. Save a bunch of time, and headaches doing it yourself. ( if you have the room, and or initial cost..or allteady have most of the stuff laying around.

Anyways I'm not the best at filming, but I think you guys get the gist of it. I have a few issue to iron out, but here ya go.

Vacuum formed vinyl motorcycle wrap.

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login