Considering selling my '94 - maybe a new SV650

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

The time might have come....maybe. Bought in 2013, learned to ride on it and had a lot of fun. I've not had time to ride much the last couple of years, and this year it sprung a small carb leak that I've not had time to tackle.

I've been on the fence about looking for something newer. I had no intention to buy brand new, but as I was browsing a local dealer's listings a few days ago, I saw a 2019 Suzuki SV650X for under $5,500. Considering the about $8,400 MSRP, hey that sounds pretty enticing. ☺️

I'm not a huge fan of clip-ons, but that can be fixed if I hate them. I don't think a deep discount is all that uncommon, but I'm thinking about it...

A bike like that ticks most of my boxes. I'm in my 40s, don't want to set the world on fire, but a bike that's fun, capable and reliable sounds great. Also, I have to admit that a fuel gauge, ABS, amenities on the dash board and, yes, fuel injection all sound grand.

Any thoughts on the SV price? Or other general ramblings? I'd love to keep the Seca as well, but garage space is snug. I'm not sure if the missus would go for it. Om the other hand, though I did overpay a bit for mine at the time (though it was at a dealer and they had done some maintenance on it), I'm not sure I could sell it for much. Considering that I did a naked conversion on it too, that won't help.

Hmm. Deep thoughts!

-S2-

This topic has 98 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login