Projet ADVeca (A Duel Sport Conversion)

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

[center]Image[/center]
I know that I have been Rumoring this project since last Year around this time.... There is a certain appeal to riding the Seca II up mountains, down valleys, and across the US and abroad.
Realistically there won't be a huge amount of off-road riding preformed but I would like the option to trek it off road if I wanted to... I will be starting with my Daily Rider the green 92 Seca II:

The scope of the project includes improving comfort, modifying the suspension to take off road abuse, making the engine and drive-train reliable smooth and fuel efficient, and luggage and protection.
The list breaks down like this:
Comfort:
- Corbin Seat (installed)
- Different Handlebars or handlebar raisers
- Move the Foot-pegs forward for a stable comfortable platform

Modifying suspension:
- KLR front forks and wheel
- New Rear shock TBD
- Duel Sport Tires
- Kickstand/Center-stand mod to fit suspension

Engine and Drive-train
- Make sure maintenance is up to date
- Dial in the Carbs to near perfect operating conditions
- Chain and Tire Maintenance

Luggage and Protection:
- Hard Cases / Top Box
- Engine guard upgrade

All this may take some fabrication and I am getting a welder from my dad in a little while (whenever I see him next)

I started today with the carbs so drain the tank:

and off comes the tank:

Heres the carb bank uninstalled from the bike:

Abra Cadabra... And Poof!!!! Perfect Carb banked already synced and ready for installation:

I just stole my freshly rebuilt bank from Project Cash Back.. hehehe...

and here is how she sounds with the new bank installed and sound and smell A/F tuned, I know not very accurate but untill I get a welder its all I got:
[youtube]CxFKdN0OOTk[/youtube]
I noticed a lack of Mid range power when I went for my test ride. I might be off on my A/Fs or my other bank has the #20 jets in it and these are stock because there is a noticeable performance difference between 4000-7000 RPM above 7K it takes off but my last bank was good all the way from 5K up. So I will keep an eye on my Fuel Economy to see whats up.

This may be a slow moving project but Its sure to be original when its done....
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 96 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login