Engine vibrations, unstable idle

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Dimaka1
New to XJR
New to XJR

So, straight to the problem/s i guess. Bike is a 94 xj600, EU model so BDST28 carbs. Problem is the bike has some hella vibrations from idle to ~5k(vibrations get more and more frequent with the revs). It also has unstable idle(it is currently at 1500 when the bike is hot). They are i would say NON existent at cruising speed(over 50% throttle...basically when the main jets are in play). What I have done so far for one reason or another is:
1. Cylinder head overhaul - new seals, headgasket, -0.1mm head skim, lapped valves. Valves are also adjusted( a bit tight unfortunately ...lets say intakes are aroudn 0.07mm and exhaust go around 0.15-0.2mm...I have to check again as I'm not entirely sure).
2. Carb overhaul - new gaskets, needle valves(old ones were...OOF) and cleaned pretty well.
3. Electric fuel pump + fuel return to the tank (pump is around 3-4-5psi). The fuel return is a T after the pump, straight ot the tank, no regulator or anything.
4. Carbs are checked with 4 vacuum gauges and were in sync. Very little difference between them.
5. Measured compression - a bit on the low side, but still healthy(around 10 bar).

Exhaust tubes show around 230degrees now, but(dont hate me for it) I dont trust this method of tuning the carbs.

I'm pretty sure that my pilot jets are not set correctly now(although i havent touched them!) and that makes one or more cylinders not running that great which would cause these vibrations. Vibrations are 101% from the engine.

The bike starts great, hot and cold, holds idle(nasty idle tho, choppy), runs great. FUEL LEVEL IS CHECKED and its where it should be!

So what i think about doing this weekend is this: I will write down each jet number of turns, then set it to 2 and start leaning the mixture until it struggles to hold idle, then richening it until it struggles to idle and then leave it half way(depending on how many turns is half way i might leave them all a bit on the rich side).
If anyone has any idea, chime in, maybe im missing something? Maybe i should just get a fuel injected engine and swap it? Nonono, not yet at least :D .
I hope you understand what im trying to say, since my thoughts are going places.