2 Wheels and an Engine Makes It a Motorcycle, Right?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
theecube
Still Counting the Days
Still Counting the Days

I'm back! And like a good chunk of y'all, I can't resist a good project.

The Backstory: Back in 2018, I moved from CA to WA and had to sell most of my stuff, including my 1.75x Seca II's. Cut to today, and after some meandering and waffling, I've decided that I'll be moving on again, this time to Ireland (!) Hopefully for good, or at least a while :v

So let's see, I've got about 4 months left before I get rid of even more of my stuff and head off, but it'll be good riding season for most of that, so must be a perfect time for a project! (It's a sickness, I tell you) I don't really have time/space/tools for a full size motorcycle, tho, and as much as I love older bikes I reaaaaaaally don't want to work on anything with multiple carburetors right now. I'd like to ride it sooner rather than later, after all!

So let's see .... small + easy to work on, one carb, preferably cheap, I'd like to ride it on the road ..... aha!

Yep, I bought myself a moped! (technically a "noped" but the soul is there)

It's a 1980 Honda Express (NC50), it mostly runs, and I love it. With a 2 stroke 50cc engine putting out upwards of 2 BHP and a top speed of (maybe) 30mph, I'll be getting nowhere fast, but by gum I'll have a blast getting there.
“It’s impossible to make a man understand something when his salary depends on him not understanding it.” — Upton Sinclair

This topic has 8 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login