New member from the Netherlands.

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
SirMonstras
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hello everyone,

I got my motorcycle license last december in the winter.
And i recently bought a Yamaha XJ600S from 1994 as my first motorcycle, i bought it for €750,00 (around $880,00) and it has around 46000km (28500miles) on it.

I bought it with a damaged front fairing because the last owner fell with it. They did get al the mechanical things repaired but the bike never drove again from 2012 until i bought it last april.

When i went to take a look they replaced the battery and the bike started oke cold, littel smokey and there were some engine noises, the front breaking was heavy only 40/50% working, but overal the bike looked and drove oke enough for only €750. It had to be a little (alot) cheap or i needed another year of saving before buying a better bike.

So i was planning on slowly fixing the bike myself, but i dont have a mechanical background.
After some searching i bought a original maintance book for the bike and i found this site.

I am planning to keep a small build project on this side aswel, altho i am often to fast to take pics of the things i do.

This topic has 6 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login