Hello! Long time XJ owner and new to forum

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
azngtboi88
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hello! My name is Tommy. I purchased my XJ600 back in 2009 as my first motorcycle and college commute vehicle.

When I first picked her up from Kansas City, MO with less than 10,000 miles.

I couldn't leave the bike well alone so I started with small mods:
Removed the tank bra
Removed the lower fairing (kept for maybe a future project)
Replaced front fairing with round headlight
Replaced stock instrument cluster with simple LEDs
FZR600R rear wheel
Bridgestone Battlax tires

She was a great ride and never let me down through all of my college years. I then moved up to Michigan in which I was honestly too scared to ride around. Highways were faster and people were a lot more aggressive drivers.

Then in 2014, I was just browsing craigslist as I normally do just for fun. I ran across a Honda 919 I couldn't resist.

With the Honda as my new go to motorcycle, I felt quite bad for my little XJ600. So I pulled her out of the garage and taught my little brother how to ride. I let him use it for the next year until he picked up his own motorcycle.

The XJ600 then went under the knife for a full rebuild.... I will start another thread here shortly in the projects area ;)
1992 Yamaha XJ600 and 2003 Honda 919

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login