My 1993 Seca II Rebuild

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
hesatitagain
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So I've had this bike for about 6 years now and although I've tried to keep up on maintenance I just haven't been able to give it as much love as it needed. I just moved in to a new house with a garage and i decided it would be a good opportunity to do a complete tear down and rebuild on the bike.
Meet Smokey. For reference this is her before starting on the tear down.
Then I began the actually process of taking her apart until I got it down to a bare frame.
Once I reached this point my fire department sent me out on a strike team before i had the chance to pull the motor.
But when I got back I was finally able to pull the motor and get the bike down the the bare frame.
I fond the easiest way to get the motor out was to lay the bike on its side and lift the frame off of the motor.
Last edited by hesatitagain on Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login