92 xj600 won't start

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
lizerb
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Alright guys I have been lurking on the forums for over a month just trying to gather some of this great communities vast knowledge and experience. I bought a 92 seca from my friend, he had the bike for two weeks the bike ran ok, then out of nowhere it wouldn't run at all. So I bought it for pretty cheap and thought I could fix it up. Well when we first tried to start the bike after some starter fluid it would start and would idle, I don't remember what it was idling at. My buddy would try to take it for a spin and as soon as the bike was upright it would die. Because of this I cleaned the carbs, I would say not very good. I took apart almost all of the jets and pieces in the carb bodies and just screwed them in so I am sure they are not set up right. In the 4th carb the float needle valve was stuck and alot of debris in there, so I cleaned it out. Float bowls all move fine now. After I put the carb back on the bike it won't start at all, except for a second with starter fluid, and that is rare. I don't think I messed with the pilot screws at all so maybe those are fine, I think it is a carb problem I just need a push in the right direction. All help is much appreciated, this is my first bike and I would love to get it started so I can finally learn how to ride a bike, and experience what it is like.

1. I have not synched the carbs
2. I have not tested the float heights
3. The bike has spark.
4. Fuel is getting to the bowls
5. replaced the battery
6.Replaced the fuel filter as well

This topic has 19 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login