If your bike says a lot about you...what if you find someone has the SAME bike?!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
sleekitwan
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

So a while back i was only in touch with my little brother now and again, both very busy professionally and/or personally.

We did not even discuss what bikes we had as he said he was going through the newer bike tests the UK brought in. So I assumed it was still the suzuki GS500...

Two years later, we meet up as i trek up to Scotland, and at his place he sees me draw up on 'Rosie' having done a few bits and pieces and fettled her after the initial purchase.

The spooky thing is, he had this weird smile on his face, and he dug out a photo of the first 600cc bike he got after he passed the test.

Obviously it was an XJ600N or naked seca II or diversion! Ok i thought, there are lots of them.

Same back rack, ok it is pretty common too.

Same engine/crash bars.

Same colour.

Talk about nature vs nurture. Completely independently, we had bought not only the same version of the same bike, but specifically opted for the self-same accessories we fitted thereafter.

Spooked me, anyway.

The only thing weirder than my amiable brother having these coincidental choices, would be if someone i really detested, had done a similar thing. That would psych me...
Current bike year 2000 Yamaha XJ600N also called Seca II or Diversion 600. On an older bike air cooling is a blessing, no sludge and complexity of badly-maintained liquid cooling. Other bikes were: BMW K100 roadster; Honda VF750S Sabre with anti-dive.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login