Minor oversight

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
North1987
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

The brain fart, the miscalculation, we have all done it and I figured that I should share mine from this afternoon. So I have been doing the naked conversion on the bike over the winter. Got delayed/ work scope modified after I fractured my pelvis, anyway long story short I finally got the vapour trail tech ( FYI found a really good way to mount these I will make a thread on it later ) and wanted to test the speedo. Due to my injury my legs are weak still and I left the kick stand down as a safety I was just going to go from one end of the garage to the other. So I started the bike, pulled the clutch, and dropped it into first, and it stalled with a heart wrenching bang. Odd I parked the bike and it was working fine ( some of you might already have picked up my mistake ). Do this once more, then I figure my clutch must be out of adjustment, the bike is fine in neutral. So I spend the next 1-2 hours messing with my clutch, trying different things but it seems to be working fine. My wife then voluntold me I was going to take a break, and come relax on the back deck for a bit. No sooner then I had sat down out back I let out a large 4 letter word the rhymes with fire truck, and then returned to the garage. Started the bike, lifted the kickstand, put it into first with no bang and then proceeded to ride around the block ( pelvis be damned ). You see the kickstand has a safety switch built in, it cuts the bike out when you put it in gear like pretty much every bike. As I said I felt pretty silly, but after riding the first time in 5 months I got over it pretty quick :)

This topic has 4 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login