Will the XJ600S Diversion/Seca 2 be a classic bike?

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Crimson
One of the Regulars
One of the Regulars

I was wondering about this. It seems that lots of people are turning these into cafe racers and streetfighters, and although such mods aren't to my taste, their owners have every right to do them. However, if the bike will be a classic one day, then those converted ones won't benefit from classic bike price inflation, as the number of unmodified bikes that still work will reduce over time. What do you think? Is it a reasonable expectation that this bike will become a classic in the same way as the original XJ600? I think it might.. On the other hand, perhaps it's silly to think that, and those people who rat, streetfighter, chop and bob, etc. have the right idea. I must say, in the short time I've owned this bike, it's grown on me a lot. It seems to be designed by people, not just robots. It's looking nicely anachronistic now, but on the other hand, back in the day (in the UK) it was just a commuter and courier hack. What's going to happen? What are your thoughts?
A record of maintenance items carried out on my bike:
https://crimsonxj.wordpress.com/

This topic has 25 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login