Should I, or shouldn't I

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
arnehulstein
Yearns for The Scrambler

Ok, here is the situation. I have too many hobbies. Some of you might have noticed. Nowadays, I run (5 - 15Km two to three times a week), I have bought a racing bicycle that I need to get myself onto as soon as spring is here, I am trying to improve my golf and then I have my own business and my motorcycle. (Oh, and an Alfa Romeo that has seen no progress whatsoever in the past 3 years.) Way too much stuff on my hands. ;)

Anyway, the past three years, I always had two motorcycles and I find it is easier to tinker with motorcycles than it is with cars. (Or racing bicycles, those derailleur systems are complicated...) And after spotting the Ducati Scrambler Desert Sled, I have been regaining a bit of that itch...

(Leaving this here for a quick idea of the Ducati and triggering your itch.)

So, what do you guys think? I was thinking it would be an option to take another stab at building myself a scrambler/desert sled kind of thing. A reasonably light bike, that should be able to do motorway duty (80 - 85 mph for longer stretches) but also should be comfortable with a straight up seating position and easy to chuck about on forest roads, sand etc.

One option would be to grab an XJ and try to build one based on that. Another option would be to grab a Honda of sorts as I still have two Dominator fork legs hanging around the garage. Yet another option would be to grab an XT/DR/KL or similar offroad/enduro machine as a base.
What are your thoughts?

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login