My other project bike arrived :) 06 Ninja 250

The general Seca II forum. XJ600 centric but all motorbikes welcome!
GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around
Region or State: Houston, Tx
Motorcycles Owned Currently: 97 seca II

Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:52 pm

I drove it today, to get it inspected, after I got full coverage insurance for it.

Never did I think I would be going the speed I was. I honestly thought I was puttering along. Maybe 45 mph, in a 40 mph zone.( thinking to myself.)

I was going 75! Did not feel like I was in red and blue light territory by any means. :/

Power delivery is so flat and unassuming. ( lack of cars on the road probably played another part) while not well oiled sewing machine smooth, it was well below the RPM I thought it was going to be in 6th gear for speed I was going.

The sneaky 250 will get you in trouble!

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:57 am

Hooray for the small displacement bikes. I like mine more than I thought I would.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:23 pm

The kicker for me is that I ride 250s every day, after I fix them. But they are student bikes. So they aren't allowed onto the street. ( only 60,000 square feet of "training range" which equals about. 4 to 5 seconds of full throttle. Or, you can ride all day, if you stay around 15 to 20 mph. :D) Anyways Riding on the street, brings a new fun factor, that I have not had with my work 250s.

( Until I get the "supa SUCA" II rolling. :D

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:43 pm

Pissed off I i have plast-dip experience, even with the can version.

EVERY.....SINGLE...CAN... Of, black "hi gloss" for base coat, is spattering EVERYWHERE...(8 cans) Yet the other 3 colors ( white, green, purple, are NOT spattering. ANY other color than black, for base coat, is going to take me cans, and cans, and cans, to cover up the blue/yellow.. :/

Going to hold off on graphics. I'll let a shop do plati-dip base coat. I'm going to focus on sanding/powder coat.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:38 am

Scotch-brite pads to the rescue! Does a good job sanding it down, without attacking the pliability.

GAU-8
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:31 pm

Finally was able to spend some time on the bike.

Got it registed, and a plate on it. :)

Spent some time doing some powder coating. I am happy with the effect.

I set down a coat of flat black base, then afterward put down 2 coats of metallic purple. ( which game me a surprise color, but happy none the less) and then 3 coats of clear top coat. What it gives off.. Black, or purple, depending on the light! :D. ( all photos are of the finished product, but showing the different colors in different lighting.)

Fork tubes are a simply gloss black, with clear coat.

A couple notes on the photos. Swing arm accidentally got some powdercoat dust, that I did not see in time, before taking some pics. The ignition was not removed( but it will be) reason is that this is from a torn down ninja.. So I will swap the running ninjas ignition switch to this triple clamp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

radare
Site Founder
Site Founder
Region or State: Rocky Mountains
Motorcycles Owned Currently: '92 XJR600, '92 Seca II
United States of America

Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:29 pm

Really nice work there. I like it.

Navigation:

Search

Unread Posts

The Wall