The Great XJRider.com Seca II Relay

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

I have an idea. Well, maybe it's not mine originally, but still, I have an idea.

I'd like to propose a Seca II relay. The basic idea is this:

I create a token, something like a stuffed platypus, with an XJRider.com logo, and mail it to an XJRider member on either the east coast or the west coast. That person takes photos of the token at various locations and rides the token to the next nearest XJRider member. That new person takes it to the next member and so on, until it makes its way across the United States and ends up at the opposite coast. Think Flat Stanley for the Seca II world.

There are a few parts of the country that are sparsely populated with XJRider.com members so there would be some "meeting in the middle" riding and perhaps even some mailing of the token. I don't have all the details ironed out, but what do you all think and would you be willing to ride a weekends worth of riding just to relay a stuffed platypus from one member to the next?

EDIT: Here are some guidelines I've come up with, giving this more thought. Feel free to chime in on what you think or if you think these are dumb guidelines:
  • The item being relayed across the country is called the token
  • The person carrying the token is called the courier
  • The courier has two weeks to deliver the token to the next courier
  • It is up to the courier to determine where and when the token will be taken and to keep the token moving
  • It is up to the courier to determine who will be the next courier
  • Photos of the token at various locations and updates of it's progress are a must
Petey's Current Location:

View Larger Maphttps://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source ... 5,6.487204" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left[/gmap]

This topic has 73 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login