Mapping your rides

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Dubbs
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

I love looking over the Ride Reports, and thought I would like to maybe start something similar. I was looking to see if there is any apps that will track your GPS, save the routes, and allow you to save them. I looked at the thread about Android apps, but didn't see anything there.

I have looked at Victory Rides but it doesn't seem to work well even on a my S5. It will crash, or won't track anything. I was only able to save one ride, and I don't like the options it allowed me to share. I was only able to share it on Facebook, Twitter, and send a KML or GPX file via email. Also, the latest update made the app even worse, when it comes to user interface. Indian (which Polaris owns) has the same app, but doesn't have the update. I also think that the app designers are just porting their iOS app to Android since one of the updates stated that it was for the iPad, which of course isn't Android based.

What apps do you all use if any? Do you all use some other type of software or hardware to keep track of your rides?

Ultimately, I would love to be able to have an app that allows me to export/share a Google Map link of my rides. That way I can post them to the forum, or a blog.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login