New XJ600N Rider from UK

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
jham323
New to XJR
New to XJR

Hi All!

New 1997 Xj600n Rider here from the UK! look forward to contributing to the forums and checking out everyone's XJ's.

Just purchased my XJ, Very happy with the bike in general. Hoping someone with a bit of experience with these can help with an annoying problem im experiencing.

I have a horrible rattle coming from the clutch side. It is interrupted when clutch is pulled but never truly goes, Not noticeable when I begin to accelerate at all. have taken the clutch off to inspect, there was a lot of play so I have done the oil pin fix on the basket and re-assembled, All felt nice with no play. Took the opportunity to put some decent oil in, check valve clearances, Set the Idle right and tighten the cam chain. All checks out ok but to my surpise still have this annoying rattle!

Only thought now is possibly carbs out of synch, however the bike runs lovely and no other symptoms of unbalanced carbs

Any ideas?

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login