Another XJ Rider from the Netherlands (With pictures!)

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Jbeer73
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi everyone,

I am Joris from the Netherlands. I live in Utrecht, a city in the center of the country.
About 20 years ago I got my motorcycle license. I only had ridden a couple of times since then (no money for a bike, other things more important, you know how things can go ...). Last november I finally bought a bike, a Red 1997 XJ600S and I am loving it. Should have bought a bike a lot sooner :oops: .

The XJ is in a pretty good condition.When I bought is, it only had 24000 km on it. At this moment it is already at 26000 :clap:

I have been reading this forum for a couple of months and with help from you guys at this forum I have been able to do some maintenance/ repairs /upgrades to the bike:

* Fitted heated grips
* Fitted new Mirrors
* Added an USB charging port
* Did valve adjustment
* Synchronised carbs
* Repaired a crack in the fairing
* Gave the bike a new look with some plasti dip striping

Next thing to do is fixing clutch rattle. Thanks to the excellent how-to's on this forum, that schould not be a problem!

I will post some pictures in the near future. At the moment I am on vacation in italy. Uploading pictures is a bit expensive due to roaming costs ;)
Last edited by Jbeer73 on Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 12 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login