XJ600 Carb Internals Still In Use on New Yamaha Bikes

Maintenance how-to's and guides for the induction system including the airbox, carburetors, fuel tank, fuel pump, petcock and hoses.
usury
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Last night, when searching for new bowl floats for my Seca II, I found an Import Kit on eBay for a complete diaphragm/float/seals/gaskets/seat/jets/etc purporting to fit the XV250. It contains very familiar-looking components.

Using my favorite parts diagram website, the Seca II and the Virago/V-Star XV250 (up to and including the 2020 model year) have identical part numbers for the following components appearing in the import kit:
Diaphragm and Slide Assembly
Bowl Float
Float Bowl Gasket
Pilot Jet
Brass Screw that's so easy to break, with washer

However, the pilot screw, main needle, main nozzle, main jet, float valve/seat, and float bowl drain screw (all of which are in the import eBay kit), DO NOT HAVE THE SAME PART NUMBERS!

Important note: the parts diagram website linked above only deals with models imported into the US.

Important note: I haven't ordered this kit and I have no personal experience with it, other than seeing the listing. Still, I wanted to share in case someone else might need these.

The eBay kit has components for a single carb, and we'd need four of course. The cost of 4x kits is $81USD, making it a bargain compared to the cost of a single new slide/diaphragm assembly (from reputable parts supplier) at $125/each ($500 for a set), and floats for $40/each ($160/set). It might be worth it to give this kit a shot if you're looking for these parts.
Last edited by usury on Wed Aug 26, 2020 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freelance Renaissance Man
German Cars, Japanese Bikes, Guitars, Adrenaline

This topic has 3 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login