Trucklite LED Headlight for Naked Conversion

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

Alright, XJRiders. I want to start a thread on LED headlights specifically for those of us with naked-bikes. I ordered one and have it sitting next to me in my office. Here's what it looks like. Very high quality headlight. And heavy. Expect to pay about $160 for this headlight (as of 12/24/2016).

It's an LED headlight similar in design to the Honda Hornet light used on my black '92. The wiring connector plugs directly into the bike's H4 plug.

This headlight needs a housing that supports an H6024 style sealed headlight (like you used to buy at the department store for your 70's car). I found several that look like they will work. Two, specifically, are made by EMGO:

EMGO 66-65010: This is a replica of the Kawasaki headlights used on the 70's model KZ's. It secures the headlight similarly to how a car would, using two plates. It is adjustable left-to-right.

EMGO 66-65068: This is a replica of a Lucas light as used on many early Triumphs, BSA's and Norton's. It secures the headlight using W clips, directly to the retaining ring. There is no adjustability, left to right.

I chose the EMGO 66-65010 mainly for the way it mounts the headlight. Given the weight of the Trucklite headlight, I thought this was the better approach. I do like the looks of the 65058 much better. If the 65010 doesn't work out, I'll order the latter. Note that both shells are under $40.

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login