Engine gaurds

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
MOzarkRider
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So I was thinking towards the future about turning my Seca II into an adventure bike fully capable on and off the road. This is one of the steps I was considering taking. Extended Engine Guards this is a crude drawing of what they would look like. I would fabricate mounts for the guards that would allow them to be removed if there ever needed to be any wrenching done on the engine. I was thinking I would just weld tangs to the frame that would allow the guards to be bolted on similar to the current stock engine guards. Also I was going to try and find the same size round stock that was used in the stock guards and paint them the stock color so it looks like they were a factory option.
Here is my idea in a picture. Radare your bike picture was much easier to paint something on since it was completely broadside.
Engine Gaurds.jpg
Has anyone else had an idea like this for an engine guard?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A life you don't live is still lost" Goo Goo Dolls
"Its not about the years of your life its about the life in your years" Abraham Lincon
92' Yamaha Seca II
14' KTM 200XC-W
Brian

This topic has 5 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login