I feel the same way, caught myself sitting there looking at the rear wheel all put together with tire and all sitting in the swingarm and just playing with the light and how the color changes.Drapheus wrote:That copper color is delicious! Need MOREEE
Lower the tail some, change up the color scheme and I like it.Nelsonmd wrote:Woof, that is one stink-bug looking XJ.greeny4704 wrote:No i can't find it again its be bothering me for 2 weeks lol
I FINALLY FOUND IT!!!
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewit ... 0669047402
Stainless Steel Braided brake lines. Front end is off another bike, not an FZR and appears to be different triples as well.
Swingarm swapped out with what appears to be a GSF600. You can see the added bracket just bolted to the swingarm for the shock, I would have had that welded instead.
Similar to how I am going to route my exhaust pipe through the swingarm, but I will add more clearance and a slightly larger pipe diameter.
I have messaged the seller to see if my suspicions are correct.
Me too. With the rear wheel compressed against the cush drive spacer, it appears to be dead center. I also attached a rotor to the wheel for mock purposes, I need a 3/8" spacer on both sides of the brake caliper bracket. The torque arm will also either have to be modified with a bend in it or a different one mocked up. Still need to paint the rear rotor I am going to use, but it was a bit humid tonight as it was raining. The rear caliper still looks amazing from my previous painting; I need to paint the new SV rear master and put it in place. I am tempted to use the SV reservoir a little higher on the frame where it will be away from the exhaust pipe. Would also change the reservoir from a cylinder to a more angled look.MOzarkRider wrote:Very Nice Rims Casper, looking forward to the finished product.
The forks are back on the bike after paint and look amazing, I will be clear coating the front wheel tomorrow. Then on Wednesday or Thursday, I will mount the front wheel and put it onto the bike. I have already wire wheeled the front rotor bolts, cleaned up the little over spray on the front rotors. I know the front brakes are going to get painted and I am tempted to get SS lines instead of putting the OEM ones back on. I already have one SS line that I had made for the front, but it is off just enough and will check if the shop can cut it and crimp another banjo onto it for the rear.
I have cleaned up the tail plastics and shot it with a thin coat of gloss white and covered the undertail in bedliner. Still need to work on the tank a bit and figure out my mounting for the plastics. I have been scouring ebay, craiglist, forums for a set of 2004-2006 YZF-R1 exhaust cans, but always get sniped at the last minute. I have instead been looking at undertail exhausts from Ducati and have my eyes on a couple sets of Monster 696 cans. Hopefully they come through. I have decided to go back to the original plan with the rearset mounting plates, but with the change of having them be adjustable plates with multiple heights and angles to choose from.
I am going to have to wake up early tomorrow for an appointment, so I will be grabbing some supplies from the local metal shop.