BumbleBee - The Father Son Rebuild 2.0

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Trialsstar34
XJOTM June 2013
XJOTM June 2013

Figured i might as well start the project page for my 97 Seca II. For right now we'll call her BumbleBee :) Got a great deal on this bike a few months ago. When we picked her up she wasnt running and pretty dirty from sitting outside for an untold number of years. For the progress that has been made so far all the thanks goes to my dad. I go to College a few hours from home so my time with the bike has been very limited so far.

The good news is that the Bike is now running :D and now that deconstruction faze can begin :)

Heres how she was when we picked her up:

How she sits now in my dads garage:

The bike came with a belly pan which i am very determined to fix up and make usable. There is quite a bit of damage that the PO tried to repair with fiberglass and bondo so im going to be busy trying to sand it down to the plastic and devise a way to fix it. Heres some shot of how it looked earlier today before i started sanding:

My original ideas for the bike were to go with a red frame and black tanks and plastics. But since then ive decided that this is the direction the bike is headed :)

Gonna head in the naked divvy route, also plan on powder coating the frame and getting the tank and plastics painted at a local body shop :) Main goal right now is to have it running and all back together for summer transportation. and the nice thing is ill be living 15 min from home after the summer so as money becomes available the ideas i have in my head can become a reality :D
Last edited by Trialsstar34 on Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check Out my Build Thread viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3001
Drapheus wrote:Yea that cam chain goes slappity slap slap rattle rattle slap rattle slap slappity
Or something like that
Noises with Drapheus, yyayyy

This topic has 430 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login