'92 gets new life

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
Drapheus
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Alright pals, new project time.

Since the '95 is almost done and with that I'll have an XJ to scoot my boot around on, it's time to bring the '92 back to life. I had to use alot of parts off of it to get the '95 complete, but looking around my garage this morning I found most of the parts to get this one complete. Just needs some small things like screws, boots, brakes rebuilt, ect. Last week I made the decision to part it out because I needed the money for another project, but now I just can't find myself doing that. Even if it's a slow process, I want to make this one beautiful.

For this one, however, I'm going to start from the ground up since it's almost in stripped down state already. I'm going to disassemble whatever is left and remove the engine. The frame and swingarm are going to be a light silver. Along with the wheels and forks. The tank and farings will be a metallic blue or orange, haven't decided yet.

Frame: ████████████████

Tank + farings: ████████████████, or ████████████████

Either way, it will be another fun project and I can't wait to see how it turns out. Here's how it stands now:

'92 XJ600 - 50k | '95 XJ600 - 5k

This topic has 226 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login