Rescue and resurection of a 92 diversion PICTURE HEAVY!

Custom XJ builds, restorations, major modifications or just a topic dedicted to your own bike. Look here for long term cool projects.
bkf_uk
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

ok so after getting help and advice on the forum I thought I would start a project thread on my 92.

Bike was purchased last year in a right state. Admittedly I got the bike cheap, but it was on the point of no return.

Yes the fairing was ruined, the nexxus exhaust was totally rotten and the screen smashed. But she started on the button and sounded sweet, mechanically it was good with only 32k on the clock. But what idiot painted it that green?

So first things first, lets get the fairing back together. Oh and get rid of that vile green - the only reason I wont buy a Kawasaki!

Ok lets sort that exhaust?

I think they look good? luckily i'm a welder by trade so making the link pipes wasn't too hard.

Fairings were re-sprayed and the exhaust completed.

That is how she was for a year until 2 months ago when the engine threw it's toys out the pram.
Blown big end and a cracked cylinder head soon wrote the engine off.

After wrestling the engine from the frame I realised I had already 3/4 stripped the bike. Therefore decided I'll finish stripping the frame and will have it shot blasted and powder coated plus the swing arm aswell.

But I do think I need to replace the rear shock, looks a bit past it's best!

Well that's it for now but will update as and when!
Last edited by bkf_uk on Wed Jan 14, 2015 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This topic has 18 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login