Headlight Brackets - Options and reviews

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Nelsonmd
FAQ Moderator
FAQ Moderator

So I am going through my build thread and conglomerating alot of my reiews and info, and i noticed that I have tried quite a few different headlight brackets, so I thought it'd be good to have a thread for headlight bracket reviews like the aftermarket mirrors and grips threads. Post up your own reviews! And remember, pictures are required.

Drag Specialties headlight brackets - Chrome or Black
These are pretty cheap, but actually worked pretty well. I ran them for a long time with no problems, though the bolt and nut rusted a bit. The 38mm clamps fit the 38mm forks ok, I think I had to bend them open a bit to get them to fit right, but that wasn't too hard. The headlight I used was just barely able to fit without the can hitting the frame. If these brackets were just a little bit longer, they would have been even better.

Here they are in Chrome:

Here they are in black (I stripped and painted the chrome ones I had):

Fly Racing headlight bracket - Chrome
I bought this bracket because I wanted a longer bracket than the above set in order to make more room for the headlight can, and have more room for routing the brake lines, throttle cable, and electrical lines. They worked fine, though IIRC they were a bit small. I had to use extra long bolts in order to make the 38mm set fit my 38mm fork tubes. Other than that, they were fine. They are a bit longer than the drag specialties set

Here they are on my XJ

Homemade: How it was done
Here is what I run now. I had trouble finding any to fit the 54mm R1 fork tubes, so I just made my own using some hydraulic pipe clamps and steel strips I welded together and painted myself. I love the simple look of these. I put heat shrink around the clamp to make them black figuring this would last better than paint.

NelsonMD's 92 XJ600 Project Thread

NelsonMD's 4Runner Build Thread (Rusted out)
2002 Suzuki V-Strom 1000 (gone)
2004 Vespa ET4 (sold)

This topic has 1 reply

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login