Top 5 Must Have Mods?!

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
radare
Site Founder
Site Founder

I thought I'd start a thread about must-have's. What are the top five changes you've made to your Seca II that you couldn't & wouldn't live without?

For me:
  • 1. Centerstand: Bikes overseas received these as standard equipment, but not those of us here in the US. The centerstand makes rear-wheel and chain maintenance a snap and allows another option for parking the bike. Every XJ should have one!

2. V-star Rear Shock: I don't know if it was that my stock shock was tired and worn out (only had 10k miles on it) or if the V-star shock is that much better, but I love it. Especially when riding 2-up.

3. Lined-Oval Mirrors: I thought the stock flag-style mirrors were fine, but every time I ride my XJ, I'm reminded how much better these mirrors are.

4. European bend Handlebars: These are wider than the stock bars and are surprisingly comfortable. They provide a bit more leverage and really cause the bike to turn-in well making it feel incredibly agile. I wouldn't want to ride without them.

5. Oxford Heated Grips: These have saved my butt a few times. I don't use them frequently but when I need them, I wouldn't want to be without them.
So that's the idea. Share your favorite changes you've made to your XJ and tell us why they are your favorite.

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login