Wiring a TrailTech Vapor 752-704

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
Siper2
XJ Enthusiast
XJ Enthusiast

Greetings XJ'ers. :)

As a few of you know, I've been working on converting my '94 600S into a naked bike. Ever the popular project! I've had my bike for three years and finally decided to get it done. After much debate, I opted to try the TrailTech route and went with the Vapor 752-704 unit after speaking extensively via email with one of their reps (who was very helpful). I've unfortunately had very little free time since late May when I kicked it off, doing a very small amount here and there.

At this point, I have the new headlight in place on the brackets, and need to start the wiring for the gauge. For those of you familiar with the Vapor, it has its own speed sensor cable, and engine temp sensor that clip into the gauge. Wiring needs to be custom done for the rest, which on our bikes I think is:

- Turning signals
- Neutral indicator
- Turning signals

The headlight also has to be done. I've been poring over some of the project threads here, but am still scratching my head a bit. I've seen radare's wiring map and I am thankful for it. However... I'm a real electrical n00b. I don't quite switch off the main breaker in the house to put in a light bulb, but pretty close. :D Always been a little confused by it. From a few comments I've gleaned, I think I'll end up having to merge a couple of the Vapor wires with the OEM ones of course, but are they one-for-one?

I'd be very grateful for any assistance I can get, with this. I'd really like to get this done before the summer is out! This weekend's supposed to rain, so it may be an ideal time. Once the wiring is done and I verify everything works, I'm going to Mickey-Mouse the gauge to my handlebars and ride the bike down to a fabricator to make me a gauge bracket.

=S2=

This topic has 20 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login