XJ600 51J Wheel and suspension swaps

The basic forum. Want to show off your XJ or ask questions about it? Maybe you're not sure where to post? Put it here.
robrow
Lookin' Around
Lookin' Around

Hi All,

I am part way through my long term project XJ600. I was contemplating starting a second bike but decided to push my first bike further....

I am aiming for a fresh looking cafe racer style and I am quite happy with the overall look I have, but I am considering turbocharging her at some point and I am working my way through a few wheel and suspension options.

I have stuck with the original 51J wheels, and have 2 spare sets, so I was considering using a couple of sets to create a widened front and rear wheel to accept wider tyres.... I have machine shop and welding facilities so this is fairly viable, depending on the quality of the original alloy in the wheels....

I was also wondering about possible fork and front wheel, and swing arm and rear wheel combinations....

I have read through some of the upgrades people have done and wondered whether the later diversion parts or FZR parts were worth swapping....

I can machine/weld/fabricate quite a few bits, but I am considering what is worth doing and what people's experiences have been with the pre divvy...

There seems to be little room spare to accept a wider rear tyre with chain clearance, so I was wondering what people have typically managed to fit comfortably....

Really looking forward to hearing people's thoughts/advice..

Cheers peeps,

Rob

This topic has 13 replies

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Register Login